Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What have we been up to?? Thanks for asking!

Consider yourself forewarned: This is going to be a BIG, LONG post about everything I DIDN'T blog about this summer. Which was...well, the entire summer. And then some!

I have a goal to update this more regularly, so hopefully you won't get a mass post like this very often. But for now - enjoy the many pictures bringing you up-to-date with the Call Family!

Clara had a dance recital last May. Beautiful dancer, ugly costume. She did fabulous on stage. Isabelle got to help her little class, which was fun. Aaaah, love my little dancers!








Lots of bike riding...after like the fifth time of me watching CLARA push JONAH up our hill, I had to get a picture of him enjoying the easy life. Sheesh, Jonah :)


Zak turned 16...hallelujah! One less kid I have to drive around!!! He got one gift...a car key :) (take a good look at the car picture because that's the only way you will ever see this car since Zak totalled it about a month after his birthday. Yes, totalled. He now drives a white Chevy, Cavalier Z24) He had a backyard BBQ party with some friends...










Eli FINALLY had that soccer party he dreamed about when he turned SEVEN in January. We were a few months late, but in our house you take what you can get when you can get it. So, a June party it was :) We had Eli and Abram's parties on the same day. Eli's insisted his be first since he had to wait so long. Makes sense to me :)










And Abram's Star War's Party...Darth Vadar made a visit to our home. What a hottie that Darth is!








BOYS ONLY Backyard camping. Isabelle, Clara and I watched girly movies indoors.


I got to take a trip ALL BY MYSELF to Hilton Head, South Carolina for my brothers wedding. This trip was like a little slice of heaven. I was pretty sad that I couldn't take any of my family because it seems like a waste of something fun and wonderful when I can't share it with at least one of them. However, it ended up being THE MOST WONDERFUL little two day getaway for JUST ME! When is the last time I got to do something like that? I absolutely fell in love with the area. It was breathtaking. The ocean was like bath water - I'd never felt anything like it. I could move there and be happy forever. Seriously.


Here I am with my Dad and Step-Mom, Ann, at the temple. I think we were at the Charleston Temple?






This is the Reception. BEAUTIFUL Scenery. The coolest, craziest summer storm beat down on us during the festivities. We were all indoors and had a great view of the lightning from inside.






A day in Savannah...what an amazing city with so much history. Loved the cobblestone streets and the trolley cars. I pretty much loved everything here and wish I could have spent a few more hours there. Chris and I will most definitely make a trip one day!








We went jet-skiing with the Call's and the Whiting's. It looks a little overcast and chilly, but really it was PERFECT. It wasn't too cold, but it made for awesome waves and some crazy jet-skiing. Hopefully we can continue to do this every year like we used to.
























The kiddos helping me grind wheat to make bread...


The FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL after a long, fun summer.

Zak - 11th Grade


Caleb - 9th Grade


Isabelle - 6th Grade


Jonah - 4th Grade


Abram - Kindergarten. We were giggling at the tiny-ness of the the bathrooms. These kids are not two :)




Eli - 2nd Grade. We were lucky to catch Eli at recess on his first day because my camera ran out of batteries right before his picture in the morning!


Isabelle TURNS 12! Can you believe that? Grandma Diana sent this fun package for her birthday. She and Jonah took a few friends to see the newest Harry Potter. I don't think I got any pictures of that, though.




Clara turned FOUR. How we all adore this baby girl!!










Lagoon with the Kiddos. We made each of the kids pay for half of their pass and we enjoyed going several times over the summer. Eli and Abram are little scary-ride maniacs, so it's a lot of fun to go with them! Chris and Clara usually buddy-up and go on the FOUR rides Clara will go on. He's getting old and she's a scaredy-cat, so they are a good pair. And it's kind of cute to see them wandering the park holding hands :) I take the older kids and go on all the fast rides :) We've got the system down!








Jonah and Clara zonked at the end of a long summer day. The kiddos played hard from sun-up to sun-down! We LOVE the no-schedule life of summertime!


BYU Football Season is in full-force. The boys are loving going down to the games. I am loving NOT going to the games.




4th of July with FRIENDS! We LOOOOVE the 4th. We always have a BBQ with the Williams (and Bouck's who couldn't come this year), then Eaglewood fireworks. What a fabulous night. This year was no different! This picture also shows my new haircut. I chopped all my long hair off on a whim. Some days I like it. Most days I don't.






I had to throw these pictures in because I love them. Isabelle had a dance competition in Logan that I took Clara and Eli to. Eli had to come because he was being SO MEAN that morning that Chris refused to keep him with the other kiddos (some days go like that with Eli). However, it ended up being one of the most enjoyable, happy days. We enjoyed every second of being together and ended the afternoon wandering the Logan temple. I was glad to share to day with these three!






Well, I'm sure I missed some things...but there you have it! The last few months in a nut-shell.

No comments: