Thursday, November 10, 2011

Sunday

This was our Sunday Drive up Big Cottonwood Canyon to see the leaves. Except the leaves had already fallen off the trees. Apparently going at the end of October is just a little bit too late. However, that didn't stop us from stepping out and enjoying the scenery and the sunshine. We kind of looked ridiculous seeing as how some of us did not have shoes, some of us were wearing church clothes, some of us were wearing our pajamas...that's just the way it goes on a Sunday afternoon. It was very pleasant. Sunday afternoons are the best!

What would a family outing be without some grouching from my Eli? He complained and complained and complained about having to get in the car for a drive. "This is taking forever. Why do I have to do this? When can we go home? Are we seriously going to keep driving up this canyon? How long is this canyon? Why do we have to do this? We have been driving forever!" It was a little something like that.

Then we stopped to get out, hiked around for about 45 minutes before heading back home to make dinner. When we went to the car it was more complaining, "This is such a rip off! I don't want to go home! That's not fair! Why can't we stay?! I don't want to leave! We've only been here for like five minutes! I'm not getting in the car!"
Can't please that kid! Makes me laugh!















No comments: