Thursday, May 14, 2009

Visit with MOM



How awesome was it to have my mother here for Mother's Day? Well, pretty dang awesome. It's been a while and I do love her dearly. We crammed what we could into her week long visit...a small birthday celebration (for my mom...the fuzzy dog slippers were a hit),a few baseball games, one dance recital, a Mother's Day afternoon with all of the fam...Call's and Whitings..., and let's not forget one day with the flu (we just love to share our viruses with visitors!), lovely pedicures for the girls, some girly shopping, and ice cream eating (of course!). I'm sure I missed something, but those were the highlights.

My mom had to laugh because LITERALLY every evening around 6:00ish this conversation went down in my home...

Me: We're having _________ (fill in the blank) for dinner!
Eli: I hate __________!
Me: Well, that's too bad. You have to eat it anyway.
Eli: I WON'T
Me: Oh, you will, or you'll go to bed!
Eli: I WON'T! And I won't go to bed either!

Followed by Eli doing handstands on his dinner chair and me nagging non-stop in my best stern mom-voice (which is obviously no longer threatening). After about an hour of that, we turn the timer on for five minutes and if he's not done he goes to bed. Which is usually about 50% of the time. My mom's advice? Record this conversation and play it each evening to save my breath. He is a consistent little bugger.

Clara was quite the Grandma's girl during this trip. She loved the jewels and pretty things and the cuddles and being held whenever she squealed just so. Grandma taught her lots of new words, the cutest being "purple".

Enjoy the pics!



5 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Is it just me or does Clara look just like your mom?

Megs said...

I am glad you got to spend time with your Mom.

stephschmidt said...

I think your mom is beautiful! I'm glad you had such a great time with her. Sounds like a wonderful Mothers Day!

Jodi said...

That is so great that you were able to have your mom here. It sounds like a fabulous week minus the flu. I love that you make Eli eat the food or go to bed. I need a lesson in that. My kids are so picky and I just fix them what ever they will eat.

Megs said...

Okay I am totally glad you got to spend time with your Mom but certainly you have done something fun since then. NEW POST PLEASE!