I let Isabelle and Jonah go exploring on their bikes, something I NEVER let them do because I am officially the world's most nervous and paranoid mother. Anyway, I gave Belle my cell phone and away they went. I talked to them about five minutes before the storm hit and all was well. I started vacuuming and was completely oblivious to the weather. The phone rang and it was Isabelle frantically yelling, "MOM!! YOU HAVE GOT TO COME PICK US UP!!" Then the line went dead. I was sure Jonah had gotten hit by a car or something awful.
At that point I heard a big boom of thunder and looked outside. HOLY CRAP! There was thunder and lightening and HAIL and wind like you wouldn't believe. Seriously, this storm came out of NOWHERE. I ran to the car and set out to find my children. The rain and hail were coming down so strongly that I couldn't even see out my windshield. I wasn't sure I would even be able to find the kids. But I did, about a half mile away. They were BAWLING and SOPPING WET. Between sobs, Jonah kept hollering, "I will NEVER go on a bike ride again!!!" His arms were bright red from being pelted with a million little hail balls :)
These pictures don't even do the situation justice. I could literally wring every article of their clothing out and get a substantial amount of water. I assured them that one day they would look back on this and LAUGH. It certainly made me laugh. So much for me trying to give my kids a little bit of freedom. See, it's not a good idea :)

1 comment:
Was it on Saturday or the following Thursday? JJ had a baseball game and we got drenched or Ellie was in swimming lessons getting pelted by hail. It was insane. I will have to say though that I love this weather.
You have to let them do it again. Just check the forecast next time. I hope they were promptly served hot cocoa in JUNE!
Post a Comment