Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Silver Lakes

In early October, we went up to Brighton to do some hiking at the Silver Lakes Trail with our great friends, the William's! I was kind of expecting lovely fall leaves, but to my surprise we were greeted with snow. It was SO GORGEOUS. Several times I stopped just to take a deep breath because it smelled just like Christmas. I would really like to try the hike in the summer because we never made it to the lakes, which I hear are beautiful.

All the kids were great troopers, but on the way down, Eli had a FIT. He was freezing and wanted to be held and just could not be pleased. So we had the pleasure of listening to him cry the entire hour back down the mountain.

Also, at the trailhead, the path follows a very small lake. It is a wooden path, surrounded by swampland. Well, my poor Jonah tripped over himself and fell right smack into the mossy, muddy water. See the picture at the bottom :) Even his UNDERWEAR were full of mud. I'm sure it made for a comfortable ride home!

All in all, a great time. I LOVE being outdoors!!


All of the kiddos

Chris, Britt, Kristi, Jason

Clara, Chris, Brittany, Abram

Clara

Clara

Caleb and Zak

Abram and Hailey

Isabelle and Whitney

Poor soaked Jonah (hehehe)

1 comment:

Megs said...

I am cold just reading about Jonah. Poor little guy. I love love love hiking. It is always an adventure with the kiddos. I can't believe how old Zach looks. Crazy. Eli and Ellie should hike together. They can both cry the whole time. Fun times.