Friday, February 5, 2010

So what have the Call's been up to the last month and a half?

Well, there was that little holiday called CHRISTMAS, which was wonderful. I'm only including a few photos because dangit, this will certainly end up a long post as it is :) Just trust that the kiddos were merry and it was a happy family day. A fantastic end to 2010...


Clara, all smiles :)

Caleb and his BYU gear

Jonah, despite the way it may look in this picture, was THRILLED to get his very own ipod. That boy loves his music!

Eli

Abram and Grandpa

Clara HATES sharing Daddy's lap with Isabelle. Usually some sort of battle ensues. Chris just eats it up :)

Zak

Mom and Clara

These are the sibling gifts to eachother. It's always a secret who the kids get, then everyone guesses after they open the gift. Nobody guessed right this year.

We spent New Year's Eve with the Bouck's. What fun! We played the Jelly Belly game where there are two jelly beans that look exactly alike - one is a yummy flavor, and one is a disgusting flavor (vomit, ear wax, dog poo...). You play with a partner and each grab one hoping yours is the good flavor :) SO MUCH FUN. The kids were hilarious.


Jonah and Chris

Zak and Lucy (oh how Lucy loves Zak). I LOVE this picture :)

Eli and Nick

Baylee and Isabelle


We spent New Year's Day with all of the Call's, the Whitings, and the Bouck's. After all, they are pretty much family, too.




Caleb did his science fair project. What can you do to an onion to keep your eyes from watering when you chop it? Yeah, that was my idea seeing as how I can't chop an onion without tearing up like crazy. Anyway, for those of you that are curious...soaking the onion in cold water actually does help? Who knew?!




Caleb and his best friend, Eric, made a Hobbit movie for English. Caleb is a stuffed Bilbo and Eric is Gollum. There was a ton of "parent" work involved in this project. After spending quite a few hours on it one Saturday, Caleb says, "I'm sure glad we are doing the movie instead of just doing a poster". WHAT?! YOU COULD HAVE DONE A POSTER?!!! I'm thinking he wished he'd kept that tidbit of information to himself :)




And this is the month where Clara decided she will only dress in either a church dress, or beautiful dress-ups. Period. If we put her in pants, she has a TANTRUM that makes it completely not worth the effort. Besides, one second later, she strips down and puts on a dress regardless of what I have to say about it. So, I've given up even trying and just let her wear those lovely dresses.





My fiesty, but oh-so-adorable Eli turned SIX in January. We had a Scooby Doo party and celebrated with lots of his friends. I'm telling you what, when this boy turns on the charm, he is a pure delight. May age six bring good things Eli's way.





Lots and lots of sickness. Blah. Stomach flu, fever, colds, coughs, sleeping all day, no appetite, and strep throat. We've had some miserable days and nights. However, that being said, we are thankful these are things that only last a couple of days!


sick Clara and Chris


We finally had a few sunny days so I built the kids some tiny sledding hills in our front yard to pass some time OUTDOORS! Hooray for the sunshine!! It did our bodies and minds some good, that's for sure. I don't think I've stepped foot outside in months for longer than three seconds before this week.


Isabelle

Jonah

Eli

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

I have been waiing to hear what you gus have been up to. Thanks for the post.

Megs said...

It is about time. It looks like in spite of a lot of sickness you managed to have a wonderful time. I can't even believe how big Clara is getting. Okay that pic of Lucy and Zak is adorable. Good to catch up. Miss you guys.