Friday, March 6, 2009

Friends

So I've been in a bit of a sentimental mood lately, thinking about all of my best friends from years past and those I am closest to now. It's funny how things cycle. People I thought I would stay close to forever and ever, I rarely talk to now and it makes me sad. I have made such wonderful friends over the years and have great memories and fantastic stories to tell :) It's funny how life keeps moving and
the people we are closest to now may be people we only talk to occasionally in the future. However, even as things change and new, wonderful people enter our lives...the love for old friends never really dies.
So, here are some random memories from happy times with various best friends :) Thank you for impacting my life. You know who you are! And I should mention this is in no way a complete list, just some things off the top of my head.

* "Sorry about the crisp bean."

* Laughing and laughing and laughing after drawing panties on a rock every which way in math class :)

* Taking a spin on the boat, then chilling out near shore, listening to music...such a perfect afternoon!

* Sandwiches at Liberty Park with that nasty old couple making out by the tree...hahaha!

* Weekly get-togethers for dinner and Settlers...and we STILL have the scorecard! How do I suck so bad?!

* Crazy OCD and a fear of eggs

* Karaoke "Like a Virgin"

* Christmas shopping at the Walmart in Park City...hilarious!

* Skipping school to get biscuits and gravy at Hardy's, getting into loads of trouble. Crazy times, quite literally.

* Sitting at the park watching snowflakes in the streetlight

* A bishop's butt

* Blasted kidney stone attack in your front yard

* Holy Crap, did we really just see that nasty book in your suitcase?! Who would have guessed?!

* Janitor work at Boulton Elementary and getting little gifts with cologne on them

* A hot man in my garage wearing coconuts

* Flirting with boys, loving 8th grade, me stealing all of your babysitting jobs

* The evil man at Farmington Christmas :) Oh, how we cracked eachother up!

* Pedicures, Chili's dessert, and girl-talk

* Adult Sleepovers

* Staying up, talking all night on the waterbed, then going to work with zero sleep

* A snowball fight at the park, hot chocolate afterwards!

* The "stupid" ticket :)

* Are you going to get in your own @&#^@ lane?!

* Playing pool, then going to Sconecutter's

* Frolicking in roadside rivers with 16 children












5 comments:

Camille said...

I love memories like that -- the ones that no one else knows what you're talking about. :)

Steve and Liz Evans said...

I love friends! YOu are one of my favorite people in this new neighborhood! We honestly need to get together more often. By the way I need your email again. Email me... hamdog82@hotmail.com

Megs said...

Sounds like you have had loads of fun with all your friends. It is always fun to think back on all our fun times.

Sims Family said...

Ahhhh. So sweet. Thanks for reminding me of those days. ;)
I think that is the only picture I have seen of me with short hair. Funny. I'm thinking the video of us singing would be horrific. I'm glad it was just the snapshot. lol!

Megs said...

that night was so much fun. Tell me again why we don't get together more. Funny thing, I totally missed that one when I read the list. I am glad you told me about it on my blog. My brain is not my friend lately.