Okay, so this was my awesome team for the big Wasatch Back Race. Our team name was "Chasing Chocolate" and I'd say we were one of the more popular vans...passing out candy and cruising around with posters of chocolate pie on our car. Who wouldn't love us?
Melissa
Brittany and Mary (forgive me for that top)
Rose of Sharon
Patty
Kristi
It's hard to put into words how incredible this race was for me. First and foremost, I accomplished something I had no idea I was even capable of. I pretty much stink at running and had some moments where I felt like I could NOT go on...but guess what??! I DID. I did not walk a single time. I ran. And dangit, I may have been the absolute slowest person on the team, but who the heck cares? I ran it and therefore I am freaking awesome.
Second, I absolutely loved the dynamics of our fun little van (or suburban if you will). We couldn't have been six more different ladies and we had the greatest time. Not many of us knew eachother before this race and now I feel like I have several new friends. I guess this was just a bonding experience that I needed. Sometimes I forget how much I love meeting new people. Good times, amazing ladies.
Third, I got lots of praying in and I am telling you...running in the dark and having a moment to myself was incredible. It was a good thinking/meditating/praying time. I loved it.
Fourth, laughter and extreme fatigue is great for the soul every once in a while, especially combined. We were loopy and silly and dangit, those honeybuckets were hilarious. We were six grown women acting like giddy school girls, and probably obnoxious ones at that. It was wonderfully fun.
I am telling you, this is an experience everyone should have. If you enjoy running at all (or even if you don't), you should run the Wasatch Back. It will always be one of my favorite memories ever. I'm hooked!
And by the way, somebody should have let me know just how chubby and yucky I looked in my first running outfit. I realized the shirt was a bit snug, but those pictures...! If anyone else tags me in a facebook photo wearing my man shorts and teeny green shirt...friendship over.

9 comments:
Are you saying we aren't friends anymore??:) You did so awesome and what a great time and memories!! Oh, you left of Mary's name on the list.
Let's do it again!
THat Is so impressive to me! I am so glad you had a great time. It even makes me want to do it..I am always up for a race through the night...okay maybe not...maybe.
That was really alot of fun! The hardest thing that I have ever done! Well worth it. You really did awsome running all of those legs and not stopping, that was my goal, didn't happen. Fun pictures! Thanks for the invite!
I was so impressed with you! You were not the slowest, and you were the most fun! I loved getting to know you. Anytime you want to do this again, count me in. Thanks for inviting me to your blog, it's darling!!
That is awesome. I am now going to have to check out these pictures on facebook. I don't think I could do that even if I was paid. You are my hero!
I LOVE wasatch back and I was so sad to miss it this year. By the way, I think that the green shirt is HOT- you have worked hard and you look good!!!
Brittany!!! You are awesome! WAY TO GO!! Isn't it amazing...knowing you did something yo never thought you could do? It truly is good for the soul! I am so proud of you!
Great Job Brittany!!!! I am so impressed. You are amazing, I know I couldn't do it.
Post a Comment