Monday, November 29, 2010

Not so long ago when it was warm...

Right before all this crazy, awful cold hit, I took the youngest kiddos on a walk along the Farmington Lagoon Trail. We ended up at the pond where we frolicked in the water for a good, long while. Such a fabulous afternoon!!
There is really nothing I would rather do than hang out with my little family.

However, I must say, there is just something about this crummy snow that we experiencing that brings out the crappy mom in me. I adore my children and really do love playing with them, but MAN, I do not enjoy playing in the freezing cold. I hate how long it takes to bundle everyone up. I hate frozen fingers and frozen toes. I hate being nervous for all the kiddos when they go sledding.

For now, I am just dreaming of days like this...





















And on a side-note...isn't it sad that all of my older kids are usually other-wise occupied with friends, sports, more friends, dance, and other crazy teenager things? Blasted teens! I just can't convince them that feeding the ducks REALLY is as awesome as Frightmares on a Saturday.

No comments: