Friday, May 23, 2008

I'M BACK...and look what's been going on with us!

Did you all miss me?!

Well, I love blogging and dangit, I've missed it! So, I promise not to delete this one. Sorry about the spur-of-the-moment deleting last time. Sometimes I act before I think things all the way through. And, now that I get up SO STINKING EARLY I have time to fiddle around on the computer before the kids wake up. Perfect!

Here's what's been going on with us...

POTTY TRAINING



Yeah, it's not going well. After a long day of sitting on the potty for HOURS...and only peeing in his UNDIES, I gave up. Yes, I totally gave in and went against everything I believe and put back on the diaper. Oh, how I hate changing Abram's diapers, though, so I will be giving this another shot here soon.


SIDEWALK CHALK AT MUTUAL





We went to the Bountiful Tabernacle to do sidewalk chalk. The theme was, "Magic on the Sidewalk" and my girls thought fairies were the most magical thing ever, so that is what we drew! They insisted we have "sparkles" and "a wand", which did indeed make the picture magical :) Isabelle joined me and we had a fabulous evening.

ISABELLE'S LAST DANCE RECITAL!


This is Isabelle and her best friend, Whitney Williams. I can't believe I didn't get a picture of Isabelle in either of her costumes! Isabelle absolutely loved dance this year and learned SO MUCH! She's amazing! If I can figure out how to post video, I'll get her performances up (Camille, help me out here!).

ELI'S PRESCHOOL GRADUATION

So, Eli does NOT enjoy big, public group activities. He hates singing. He hates actions to singing. He hates being the center of attention. So, I think it's pretty safe to say he did not enjoy himself at his program. He was way out of his comfort zone and very nervous. He stood with a grumpy look on his face the ENTIRE time and didn't sing one single word. He did, however, say his small part, which I was SO PROUD of him for! I was shocked to get that much out of him! We love our Eli and his completely unique personality.

13 comments:

Melanie Arkoudas said...

I am so glad that you have a blog again. It's so great to keep in touch and see all your cute kids! Yeah!!!!

Todd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
stephschmidt said...

Welcome back! So fun to see whats going on with you and your cute family! I love Eli's face at his graduation; too funny! :)

Sims Family said...

I'm glad you're back!!! Eli reminds me of Ainsley in that last picture, and Isabelle looks gorgeous! Good luck with the potty training. :)

Troop 442 said...

I'm so glad you're back!
XOXO
Cami

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Britt you crack me up! Well, welcome back to blogging! In the potty picture, Abram is definitely channeling a Chris face!

Megs said...

I actually thought the Chris face was in Eli's picture. (now I have to go look at Abram again.) He is totally pulling a Chris look, at least that is what I thought when I saw it. Hey I am so glad you are back. I hope my bugging was the result of you coming back. Because dang you for making me miss you posts this long.:)

Kristi said...

So glad you came back to blogging. I hated not peeking on you. I also hate my hubby right now!!:)

Kae said...

I am so glad you are back. Your family has grown up, and they are so darling.

Erika said...

Ahh, the prodigal blogger has returned, and I'm so glad you have. Sorry for the potty training nightmare, but Abram sure looks cute sitting on the throne.

Camille said...

I am SOOOOO GLAD you're back on!!! Are the movies on your computer? If so, you just choose the post movie option and post them. If not, I'll show you how to do it when I'm there this weekend. I'm so glad you're back! Did I mention I'm so glad you're back? :) Be sure to put me on your email list for when you post.

Pat said...

I'm glad you're back again too, Brit! I love it! So fun to see all the pictures and keep up with what's going on in the Call family! :)

Pat said...

P.S. It was so fun to see cute Isabelle at the Salt Lake Cemetery with Carolyn and Joe on Saturday! She is such a cute girl and was trying so hard to help us find our second great-grandfather's grave! :) Wish I could have seen her dance recital!