Tuesday, May 27, 2008

My Random Three's TAG

{JOYS}

1. My children! I love watching them experience life...all of the excitement, happiness, tears, frustrations, EVERYTHING! It's very hard to step back and let them figure it out, but very rewarding to see them make good decisions (and hopefully learn from the bad ones!).

2. My husband. Chris is without a doubt my very best friend. He understands me and loves me and knows exactly what I need at any given time. We talk so easily and laugh together at the most ridiculous things. It's great.

3. Disneyland. I know it may be silly, but it truly is one of my favorite places ever. I think it is so magical and I get butterflies when I think of our upcoming trip! Hooray for Disneyland!


{FEARS}

1. Nothing makes me feel panic like not knowing where one of my kids are, even if it's for just a few minutes (and sometimes even seconds). I am COMPLETELY irrational in my thinking, and I am very aware of that, but I still can't calm myself down. Ask my Farmington Ranches friends :) They know I'm crazy, but I will happily admit it.

2. Having one of my "depersonalization" episodes and not being able to make it stop.

3. Death of a loved one. Or myself.

{GOALS}

1. Be a better mom. Every day I think I wake up with the thought that I will play more with the kids, or teach them more, or try to squeeze some one-on-one time in with someone, or have personal conversations with each of them, or try not to be such a control freak with them, or try to nag less...etc, etc. Most days I fail. But that's why it's so great that there is always tomorrow!

2. Try to be less judgemental. I swear, ideas or thoughts just pop into my head all of the time that I DO NOT mean to think. I see someone..or a situation..and I am so quick to judge and it is SO FRUSTRATING (!!) because I try so hard not to do that. It's like I need to get a handle on my own thoughts. My goal is to be like Jill Halliday (Chris's aunt) and love everyone for exactly who they are...no more, no less.

3. To get fit and lose all of my extra weight. Fix my eating habits and gain self-control. It's a battle.

{OBSESSIONS/COLLECTIONS}

1. Taking photos, organizing photos, labeling photos, getting photos into albums, making sure I have every last photo I have ever taken, or that someone has taken of my family. Pictures are one of my favorite things ever. I love and appreciate most memories, so I try my hardest to preserve them well.

2. Checking my body for suspicious moles, lumps, pains, etc. I am not even kidding you, I don't think there has been a single day go by without me worrying about cancer or moles or disease or something of the sort. I am a stress case. I have literally had to say prayers to calm myself down before because I can really get myself going (about nothing!). I have been this way since my earliest memories as a child.

3. I collect Christmas ornaments from all the different places we visit. I love our hodge-podge Christmas tree that is full of fun and random ornaments.


{RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME}

1. I have absolutely no musical talent to speak of...no rhythm, no tune, nothing of the sort. But, man-oh-man, I LOVE music. My ipod is chucked full and I could listen to it all day, every day. I love rock music, upbeat music, Christmas music, most anything (although not much country)! Some of my favorites: the Killers, Tom Petty, Pearl Jam, The The, the Beatles, George Michael, etc...

2. Chris and I absolutely love Las Vegas. Yes, it has to be one of the trashiest places on earth, but we LOVE it. We always stay in the nicest hotels, see awesome shows (O and Love are our favorites so far), eat at fancy restaurants, gamble a bit (oh how I love that roulette!), stay up late, sleep in late, and enjoy EVERY second of our time there! I love that we can go out at any hour...early or late and do something completely enjoyable. We always make our trips short but sweet and that seems to be perfect.

3. I am fascinated with WWII. I love to read about it and learn everything I can about that time period. I will never understand how mankind let something like that go on (and it still goes on in places today!). I can't believe people can justify such hatred no matter what the circumstances. It is horrifying to learn about, but SO intriguing. I can't get enough, even though it usually leaves me feeling quite sad or depressed. I think history in general is extremely interesting, but WWII in particular.

I tag anyone who reads this.

4 comments:

Steph said...

I'm with ya on thinking every morning that I'm going to be a better mom, and then failing. But I think you're an amazing mom! What's a "depersonalization" episode ?

Valeri said...

I was completely entertained reading that entire post. Your writing just draws me in. and you're so honest. I love it.

I may be biased, but I'll have to agree with what you said about my mom. :) I am the same way you described yourself, and am constantly wondering how that woman manages to love everyone no matter what. It is a true and genuine gift of hers. Maybe someday I'll inherit it. Maybe.

Megs said...

That was fun to read. I love those things. I will do it on a slow Megan day. I haven't had to many of those lately. We have WWII in common. I love to learn about it as well. Last night I told Jeron I think i might have a brain tumor. He told me I had to stop hanging out with you:) I thought you would enjoy that little comment.

Camille said...

You described yourself so well, except that I already think you're a perfect mom! You fit right into the Call family with your worrying...