Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break



WHERE THE HECK IS MY SUNSHINE?!
This is the view from my front door on my first official day of Spring Break. Blah. I am perhaps going to take my children to Wyoming to visit the Whiting's if the weather ever lets up. As a "Plan B" I thought I may drive everyone to Santa Barbara for the week to see my Dad and Ann. But I'm guessing they might not love my very spur of the moment arrival on their doorstep (with seven people in tow)! That, and Chris thinks it's too far for me to go on my own with the kids. So, then I thought maybe to Arizona to visit Curtis and Lindsay. It's one hour closer than Santa Barbara. I suggested a quick trip to Disneyland. Chris didn't go for that, either. What to do? What to do? Mark my words, I WILL GO SOMEWHERE WITH MY CUTE LITTLE FAMILY!! I've got to escape my house! I would say I need to escape this weather, but if we do end up in Wyoming, I'm thinking the weather will actually be worse than this. So, I will just settle for any change of scenery.

And by the way, I'm up in the air about going private again. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. I don't love the idea of any Creepy Critter out there being able to read my blog, but I have lots of family that would never look again if it were private. It's nice to keep in contact with them! So, I'm sure I'll get around to going private on a whim someday. Until then, well...it's not.

8 comments:

Sims Family said...

I vote for the AZ trip.
You can camp on our floor! (well, YOU can have a bed.)

Marj said...

Hey I will go with you to Santa Barbara. That way you are not alone on your drive. I am sure your Dad would just love to take on your seven and my five. How about it?

Marj said...

Marj is my mom this is really Megan

Curtis said...

Aren't you supposed to go somewhere warm for Spring Break?

Lisa B. said...

You. Me. Disneyland. That's all I have to say. Brett won't let me go either and I think that is just rude.

Kristi said...

You could be me here at a messy construction home with 3 extra kids and no room to send them! Hopefully St. George will be warm enough for me to relax and get a tan!

Erika said...

St. George has my vote. It's always nicer than here and it's an easy 3 1/2 hour trip. Swimming, shopping, dinosaur museum, hiking etc.

Em&Em said...

I hear ya about escaping somewhere. I mentioned to Kent how bad I wanted to get away and spontaneously we went to Moab. Which is unusal for us. I hope you went somewhere fun! You will have to tell us where you ended up going.:)