Friday, June 20, 2008

Feeling crafty

I have had the bug to create something and I just can't seem to come up with anything cute. I tried painting something for the girls room that turned out so-so. Then I painted something for my friend Kristi that was just plain embarrassing (and I plan to replace them!). I can create something on paper that I love, but I can't bring it to life in another form. I don't have the patience to stitch anymore. So...that's when I started to give painting a try. Yeah, well, I stink at painting. But I have been messing around with it all week and finally made this today that I actually kind of like! My first painting creation that isn't completely awful. Trust me, everything else I've done HAS been awful.

11 comments:

Sims Family said...

Cute! You are very artistic, maybe it just took a while for the painting part of your talent to kick in. :)

Misty said...

That is amazing! It doesn't surprise me that you could pull off painting something totally adorable. And I have to add, if you've reached this level after only a week - WOW!

Wendy said...

That is NOT awful! It's really cute! You are so good at everything you do; it amazes me!

stephschmidt said...

It's just like you, Britt, to just sit down and make something so dang cute! Someday you need to show me how you do all this stuff (crocheting, painting, etc.)

Valeri said...

Will you please come to my house and decorate it for me?

No, really! I'm serious!

Dan and Ang said...

That's so dang cute! I love it! I wish I was as crafty as you. :)

Camille said...

I think it's beautiful and you know that I think everything you make is so creative and cute, but you are way too much of a perfectionist! I am glad you're a painter now. Next you can paint cute things on my walls too. When are you coming?

Kae said...

That is really cute you really could sale a lot of these if you wanted to.

Katie and the boys said...

That is so cute. I didn't know you painted! You are just full of surprises.

Kristi said...

Way cute and creative. I love Whitney's canvas-don't change it! You are amazing-if only I were blessed with such talents.

Anonymous said...

Holy Shiz! I just saw the pictures of your kiddos and I don't think I would recognize Zak on the street! Whoa! Eighth grade!He looks so grown up! What's with the highlights?