Oh, what a night! In the space of five hours with ten little girls, I'd say we managed to unleash plenty of girly drama. We heard lots of giggles and laughter and squealing. There was eating until our tummies hurt (who knew 9 year old girls could down so much food?!). There was a bit of "You're not my friend anymore!", which we quickly tried to eliminate. There was a lot of, "I'm having so much fun!!" And there were lots of tears...at EVERY single game/activity...all from ONE emotional friend. This girl was determined to make me crazy, I'm certain of it! I will no longer ever complain that Belle is emotional. Her friend takes the cake.
All-in-all, we had a fantastic evening. Dancing, nail polish, and makeup were the highlights. Are any of you surprised? There was quite a mess when all was said and done, but it actually cleaned up pretty quickly. Isabelle was beyond happy and I guess that's all that matters! Although, I will say I am VERY glad this was just a late night and NOT a sleepover.
Cookie decorating. Jonah and his best friend, Jake, wanted in on the action. This was the only part of the night they participated in. They wanted nothing to do with all of the girliness!
Dancing Divas
All of the girls loaded into the bathroom to put on makeup!! We had some serious eyeshadow going on. They all felt beautiful. Although, we did have one girl decide to go "gothic" (her words, not mine) and spread black all over her face, then spray water on it so it would actually RUN down her face.....????? I wasn't quite sure what to think about that.

5 comments:
Wow, you're ambitious! I don't know that I could handle that many girls in my house! I guess it's only a matter of time... seeing how Chloe will someday be 8 or 9 (how old is Belle?).
Those cookies look good. I might just have to make a batch today.
You are so brave! What fun girls are. It sounds like you did a lot of fun stuff. Britton had a party with all boys and I thought that was bad. Some of the boys actually cried when they didn't win. It got too competitive and we had to stop playing games. So fun it's summer!
What a fun party! Belle looks like she's having the time of her life :) Makes me think I need to call my girlfriends for a night out....
What a fun mom you are!
So you and Katie get Mom of the year awards. You both threw fan-tab-ulous parties for your kids. I would worry about the gothic one...hum I love giggling and girly stuff. Can't wait until Emma does something like this.
Post a Comment