Isabelle and I spent all afternoon going through the Nutcracker tryout process. She measured for the part of buffoon, which is such a cute part (see picture!). Ultimately she didn't make it, and it was a very sad few minutes when she walked out after the cut - lots of tears. She was one of the very last girls cut, which is awesome. She's only taken one year of ballet so the fact that she even wanted to try out makes me proud. 75 girls tried out and only 32 made it. I did learn that when my child is crying, I just want to sit down and cry with them. I teared up when I saw how upset she was...I'll definitely have to work on that one over the years. Disappointment is hard.

Isabelle really has quite an intense dance year with Dance Impressions so I can't help but thinking everything worked out for the best. We would have had to use every absence allowed for both Ballet West AND Dance Impressions, so our time would have been very maximized and over-scheduled. And we all know organization is NOT my strong suit! But that being said, it doesn't make the situation any less disappointing for Isabelle. We'll give it another shot next year!
4 comments:
That is so totally awesome that Belle had the courage and the talent to try out for the Nutcracker! I know what you mean about being disappointed with the kids. When Jamey didn't make Missoula Children's Theater for the 4th year in a row of trying out, and was about to cry, I wanted to cry too and make all his hurt go away. What character these kids are building, though!
My cousin was in the Nutcracker but was in Ballet for years before. She was even trained to be in it. Isabelle should be so proud of herself. She made it that far against girls who's mothers had them signed up from the womb.
I cry when my kids are sad, too. It's so hard! What a brave girl, though. At least she knows what to expect for the next audition, which gives her an advantage. And she's so little, she'll probably measure the same part next year, as well!
Wow. I am very impressed Isabelle. That takes a lot of courage. Good for her for trying.
And by the way, I got the Halloween village and people at a store in St. George called Crumpets. But, I found a place online that sells the same stuff, only you have to have a tax ID number to access it. It's called esctradingcompany.com. Let me know if you have anymore questions. They have a super cute Christmas village too, that I want next.
Post a Comment